Downloadable PDF Form
Please tell us a little bit about yourself.
1. How did you hear about Big Dog Haven?
2. Can you tell us a little about yourself?
3. What is the name of the dog you're looking to adopt? Complete list of available dogs
4. What type of dog are you looking for?
5. What made you decide you wanted a dog?
6. What type of dwelling do you live in?
7. Do you own or rent your home?
8. Do you have a secure, fenced area or a dog run for a dog?
9. How long have you lived at your present address?
10. Previous address?
11. Have you had dogs before?
12. What happened to them?
13. Have you ever had to give up a dog?
If yes, what were the circumstances?
14. Do you presently have other dogs?
If yes, please list them:
Are they spayed and neutered?
15. Are any members of the household allergic to animals?
16. Is everyone in your household in agreement about adopting a rescue dog?
17. Who will train, feed, and exercise the dog?
18. Where will the dog be kept at night?
19. Where will the dog be kept during the day?
20. Will the dog be tied up?
21. How do you correct or discipline a dog?
22. Who is your veterinarian? (name, address, and phone number, please)
23. Name an individual (not a relative, spouse, romantic partner, etc.) who knows you and has known your other animals.
Their phone number is:
May we visit your home before and after you adopt this dog?
I/we agree that if we adopt a dog through Big Dog Haven, we will provide professional vet care, a nutritious diet, and a loving home. We also agree that we will return the dog to Big Dog Haven Rescue if we can no longer keep the dog. No member of our household has ever been convicted of cruelty to animals. Must be 24 years or older to apply.